cjLee
revising for this saturday's Math A quiz is what i should be doing..
completing an IT assignment included...
starting an English assignment included also..

but.. nuo... i am Engrossed in a book.. a romance story..
evading duties for long hours.
and I'm kinda Hooked.. ==
and here i am, feeling all guilty and carrying out a *penance by posting in a blog for the first time in weeks.. how ironic..

I never thought the book will obsess me in any way...
reading the first few pages gave me an impression tat it's just any other book and the language wasn't as beautiful as my last book (Life with Marley)
then again, i was surprisingly relating really well with the story and my imagination ran wild~ *Ba *High-Wild*


yesh.. twilight by stephenie meyer..

Much of Twilight is devoted to Bella’s crush on Edward Cullen(a vampire), the handsome gorgeous biology partner. The story revolves around Bella, finding out more of Edward's life and family and Edward, somehow intrigued by her smell and life. Then the climax comes alive when some other vampire, a hunter who's hungry for Bella and wont stop until he got her. So, Edward and his family of good vampires works together to save Bella from a maniac hunter....

yea.. my poorly written brief review definitely wont give you any impression.
I haven't been reading vampirish stories for approximately half a decade until this one pops up. But i gotta say, the plot's good and was well written. It gave my imagination an incredible surge and makes me hungry for more until I've finished reading it. What attracts me more is the strong bond of family, good people, my own imagination of how they look, the care, the love, the humanity, the sarcasm..etc.. *Haven't had this feeling since the days of Harry Potter and Abhorsen.

now after reading it, My mind can go to rest and be filled with school-work-stuff... I probably should pick a better time to read the second book, New Moon. There's a 3rd also, Eclipse which i think is nicer than New Moon. There'll be more to come. It's a saga~

Twilight is also being made into a movie i found, which will only be out in..December osth lidat.

Here are the bloodsuckers from Twilight.. the "good bloodsuckers: The Cullen family
Fom left to right the actors are Kellan Lutz, Elizabeth Reaser(Grey's Anatomy), Nikki Reed(The O.C), Robert Pattinson, Peter Facinelli, Ashley Greene and Jackson Rathbone.

Pattinson will play Edward.. the dude who played Cedric from Harry Potter and d Goblet of Fire.
I'll accept it.. though the one in my mind is of couse, much better~ XP
Catherine Hardwicke(Thirteen and Lords of Dogtown) will direct it.

oh yeah.. back to the bookcover above.. After finishing the book, I still dont get something.. What's With the apple?! lol.. I only, did get it after returning to the page before Preface, of the book.
Anyway, i goggled it also and got the confirmation. Here it is if u're interested.

The apple on the cover of Twilight represents "forbidden fruit." I used the scripture from Genesis (located just after the table of contents) because I loved the phrase "the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil." Isn't this exactly what Bella ends up with? A working knowledge of what good is, and what evil is. The nice thing about the apple is it has so many symbolic roots. You've got the apple in Snow White, one bite and you're frozen forever in a state of not-quite-death... Then you have Paris and the golden apple in Greek mythology—look how much trouble that started. Apples are quite the versatile fruit. In the end, I love the beautiful simplicity of the picture. To me it says: choice. -Stephenie Meyer

in short, Edward n Bella's love is forbidden.


..i like to eat apples..
0 Responses