cjLee

*my company's teacher, Cikgu Diswa and I on the night of graduation, 10th March '08*

okay. here's an update for ns, my opinion. Sorry it took so dang long...
Just couldn't get my mind to come to terms of blogging.
Anyways, here it goes~

National Service (NS) for me was all right. It might not be as memorable or as 'fun' as i have hoped. Sure i did all those activities that were to give trills~ ie. Flying fox, high rope, obstacle course, kayaking, marching competition, netball competition, shooting M16... but i didn't had the fun i thought i would.
I've been to 2 camps, for those who knows not, Kem Bukit Saban, Betong and Kem Puncak Permai, Bau and have had the privilege of gaining experience from two obviously, very different camps.
Here, I've summed up the contrast.
and have loaded up some photos from both camps in my multiply acc.



KBB, Betong
Rural woody area.
KPP, Bau
Very close to town.
Looks plain and simple. Modern Looking.
Yellowish-brown water for use Non-opaque paip water
for use.
Only main rules are imposed. All rules are a must to
followed.
No trainees from Semenanjung. More than a hundred.
Friendlier trainees. Racial boundaries.
only Celcom line usable. No specifications.
Food was okay. Better food.
Evening exercise not a must. Evening exercise is
a Must.
Cemented dorm floor. Tiled dorm floor.
12 people ony in my dorm. 26 ppl in ths dorm.
Pakaian awam' allowed
outside dorm.
Only allowed in dorms.
Allowed to return to dorm by 10.30pm during free nights. Return to dorm around
11pm no matter what.
Somehow less tiring. More tiring.
Insufficient water
for shower all the time.
Rarely happens.
Bigger obstacle course
(in woods).
Smaller.
Small pond. Average sized pond.
Less trainers. More trainers, much
more friendly &
easy going.
Can sit with any group of
'wirawati', no matter which company at the hall.
Allowed to sit with
our own dorm mates
only *tho we do move to
other tables sometimes*.
Can enter other company's dormitories.
Use i-talk card.
Not encouraged to
enter other company's
dorms.
Use phone card.





Facts
1) In the 1st month, we go for classes from day to night.
2) Bau camp definitely have better facilities.
3) Commanders from both camps are friendly.
4) I moved to Bau camp on 24th January after my transfer was granted.
5) I did not get all teary on graduation day at Bau camp.
6) I had a better circle of friends at Betong camp.
7) Gone sick the most times in a light year. (while in Btg)
8) Ate the most medicine in such a short period of time as well. (while in Btg)
9) Overall an experience non the less.
10) My brain has gone rusty.
11) My bones are still lazy.
12) I got around 10 bruises on my left leg while at KPP, after the obstacle course's competition.
13) I think that I did more exercise that actually benefits while at home.
14) At the back of both my foots, below the ankle are dark patches of skin caused by the class' heels worn.
15)I think KPP's classes are held more interestingly than KBB's for module PK. or i could be wrong..

0 Responses