
Monday, 27th July 2009 is the highly anticipated' day. The Opening of the Dewan Undangan Negeri (DUN) complex in Kuching, which is set to be an icon for the state. It is a nine-storey building with a distinctive umbrella-shaped roof and has an architecture that combines the unique elements of Sarawak's heritage.

Most of the main city roads will be closed on Monday, much to the horror of workers from that area. Parents too probably as the schools nearby are staying open, rubbing in on the students after a certain someone voiced out that there will be a holiday in the wake of the event, giving false hope to the youngen".
There is much to be hyped about.I am very interested in seeing the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin with his entourage on the road. (yes i remember his name all right, after a punishment of having to write it repeatively for 20 or was it 30 times..) I heard that he brought many people along, practically came in one plane, requiring Thirty-nine Cars for them and that excludes the upriders and rear riders? riders along the sides, police cars and an ambulance.
Yes, much to be hyped about.
And I reckoned state speakers only has one uprider, a car for security and the VIP.
Menteri-menteri besar will have.. 2 upriders? and etcetera.
Again, much to be hyped about.

I like the sight of this (not the photo above). It's not everyday one gets to see upriders and cars tailing behind followed by more riders. It injects some wow and stares. They are nice cars also *so sue my sakainess* An unusual event always assemble a crowd and an assembly never fail to bring some excitement, increasing serotonin levels as the world plunge further into depression... (crapping, I am. Couldn't recall the name of the hormone in mind. Any ideas?)

I went for a look see of the place on the eve of the big day. The stalls are lined a stretch along the road, draped in white, facing the main bazaar instead of the river. Saw a couple of floats. -Daulat Tuanku- And some ongoing construction work in which I hope they've tided up by now. Also, I passed by a site nearby with much trash laying around. Certainly a place all the VIV (very important visitors) won't be brought an inch near to.

However, my plan has placed me housebound for the day. In fact, I dont mind at all - always happy to avoid a traffic congestion. Never planned to go down there myself to watch the VIV - Who in the right mind would when there are better things to attend to. I'll probably try to catch a glimpse of the long line of vehicles on the telly. After all, that's about all I'm interested in. xD

Events for Monday are the opening of DUN in the morning, regatta in the afternoon, fireworks at night. The Conference of Rulers on Tuesday and Wednesday while the ladies and wives pay visits to some of Kuching's attractions and it's 'have a safe trip home' on Thursday.
Hopefully they will bring news back to their own states that no, we Do not live on trees and nor, quote - do we park our bmw under the tree of our habitat. We do, however have much more greenery in our city and we're proud of it. Fresher as well as cleaner air and water.
Hopefully, I can set foot in the place soon... Very unlikely, but I can hope, can't I?

